These photographs, in monochrome and then reconstructed color, are taken from the forthcoming book The Paper Time Machine, a collaboration between Retronaut and Jordan Lloyd of Dynamichrome. The finished book will contain 130 reconstructed color historical photographs arranged chronologically, chosen and introduced by Retronaut.
- Jul. 1888 Construction of the Eiffel Tower, Paris.
- c. 1935 Officials ride in one of the penstock pipes of the soon-to-be-completed Hoover Dam, Arizona.
- Apr. 1844 Nelson’s Column under Construction, Trafalgar Square, London.
- 1882 Workers build the Statue of Liberty inside French sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi’s workshop in Paris
- 1880s The bell-tower of the Sacre Coeur Basilica under construction on the Montmartre Hill in Paris.
- c. 1889 Tower Bridge was begun in 1881 and opened in 1894, to designs by Sir Horace Jones.
- May 31, 1932 Gutzon Borglum and supt. inspecting work on the face of Washington, Mt. Rushmore, South Dakota.
- c. 1934 The Golden Gate Bridge under construction, San Francisco, California.